Our vision is to create a suitable environment for Children with Disabilities within the area so they may become involved in household and social activities equally with able people. This vision includes the development of Patan CBR into a CBR Resource Centre in collaboration with various government and non-government organizations.
To ensure the rights, inclusive development and respectful life of CwDs by mobilizing parents, community, GOs, NGOs for the protection and promotion of the rights of Children with Disabilities (CwDs)
- To increase the maximum development of working abilities of C/YwDs through community based complete rehabilitation
- To develop disable friendly environment in the society and to create public awareness, mobilize community and society
- To develop the working abilities through Physiotherapy
- To Access to and to utilize complete inclusive education to all the disabled children.
- To provide access to services and skill oriented training to the youths with Disabilities
- To carryout theoretical and practical studies and researches related to disability
- To develop, establish and expand resource centre for disability for at least Lalitpur district
- To advocate and make implement of rules related to disability and continuous release of government budget for promotion of equal participation of P/CwDs
- To enhance the living capacity of community of disable people through microcredit and hence reduce poverty
Patan CBR’s way of working
- Helping them to develop their potential through rehabilitation.
- Participation of community.
- Working together with government, non-government and private institution.
- Establishment of network with district level and continuity in work.
- Work related study, discussion and advocacy.
Patan CBR’s strategic aim and activities:
Strategy 1. To increase the maximum development of working abilities of C/YwDs through community based complete rehabilitation
- Home visit (physiotherapy, consultation, discussion with family)
- Medical rehabilitation (Artificial body parts, medicinal care, operation, referral)
- Discussion with society.
Strategy 2. To develop disable friendly environment in the society and to create public awareness, mobilize community and society
Activities: Gathering the society’s leader, local institution for training related to disability.
- Street drama, rally, posters.
- Training to the teachers and students, workshops, distribution of educational material, interactions.
- Radio, TV programs spreading the success stories of the PwDs.
- Competition of special sports, showing their abilities in society
Strategy 3. To develop the working abilities through Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy services to the community people, interaction to the community
- Clinical physiotherapy services to the community people and counseling
- Coordination with the hospital for referral
- Radio, TV programs related to the physiotherapy
Strategy 4. To Access to and to utilize complete Inclusive Education (IE) to all the disabled children.
- Formal, pre-primary, primary education
- Informal classes
- Early Childhood Development
- Radio, TV program related to the Inclusive Education
- Interaction to the teachers, head teachers, School Management Committee, students
- Training to the teachers for the IE
- Physical facilities to the Schools like making ramps, toilets etc
- Equally participate and provide scholarship to CwDs
- Awareness program to the family, neighbors, parents
Strategy 5. To provide access to all services and skill oriented training to the disabled children/youths
- Medicine distribution
- Different camps related to health (eye, teeth, ENT)
- Health education for the parents
- Orientation and sensitization to the youth with HIV AIDS
- Orientation of health and hygiene to the community and parents.
- Skill development training to the Children/Youth with Disabilities.
- Search for market and training to the product management
Strategy 6. To carryout theoretical and practical studies and researches related to disability
- Case studies of the problem of P/CwDs
- Collection of the stories and publish
- Cary out studies for other organizations
- Disseminate study findings
Strategy7. To develop, establish and expand resource centre for disability for at least for Lalitpur district
- Data collection related to disability and recording
- Capacity development training to the community, BOD, staff etc.
- Open library under Resource centre.
- Collection and distribution of national, international books/ publications related to the disability
Strategy 8. To advocate and make implement of rules related to disability and continuous release of government budget for promotion of equal participation of P/CwDs
- Advocate for the implementation of the disability related laws in participation with PwDs.
- Networking with different government and non-government organizations.
- Advocate for the District Development Committee for the continuous release of the government budget
- Take help from the parliamentarian to make continuous release of government budget
- Manage combined monitoring of the disability related programs in cooperation of government agency
Strategy 9. To enhance the living capacity of community of disable people through microcredit
- Form community, parents, staff, BOD groups and teach saving
- Provide load from the groups